Show your commitment to your own personal Saint Bernard!
Taking on a sponsorship is a way of supporting your sponsor dog and the varied work of the Barry Foundation.
What are my advantages as a sponsor?
- Personal relationship with your sponsor dog
You can build up a relationship with your sponsor dog. As well as your sponsorship certificate, you will receive up-to-date information and photos of your sponsor dog. Sponsors who give at least Fr. 360 a year in support of their sponsor dogs are also entitled to visit their dogs by prior arrangement, to stroke them, to take photos of them and to take them for a walk (in the company of a dog keeper).
- Free admission to the Saint Bernard museum and breeding kennel facilities on the Great Saint Bernard pass
Sponsors are entitled to free admission to the hospice breeding kennel facilities and the Barryland – Musée et Chiens du Saint-Bernard in Martigny to pay a pre-arranged visit to their sponsor dog for themselves and one accompanying guest.
- Regular information about the Barry Foundation
We will be delighted to send you our Newsletter “BarryNews”, which is published five times a year.
Who can become a sponsor?
Individuals and legal entities (e.g. companies) can take on a sponsorship. Sponsorships can also be offered to other people as gifts.
How much does a sponsorship cost?
There are three sponsorship categories:
- Platinum at CHF 2,400 per year
- Gold at CHF 1,200 per year
- Silver at CHF 600 per year
- Bronze at CHF 360 per year
Become a sponsor and offer the dogs of the Great Saint Bernard a secure future!
Support from foundations and companies
The objectives of our foundation are to ensure the continuing existence of the famous and legendary St. Bernard dogs at the Great St. Bernard Pass; to ensure the continuing unique history of the Swiss national dog for future generations; and to give the erstwhile rescue dogs a new calling for society as social dogs.
The Fondation Barry has formed long-standing partnerships with foundations and companies which support us in our endeavours to achieve our objectives. The St. Bernard dogs of the Great St. Bernard Pass have been a Swiss tradition since the 17th century – one that deserves to be maintained. Help us secure the future of this Swiss national symbol.
Our activities encompass three core areas:
- We are securing the continuing existence of the hospice St. Bernards by means of the breeding facility in Martigny with its 30 or so dogs, and we are providing the Swiss national dog with the habitat and activities it deserves, which we tailor to its needs and wellbeing.
- We are promoting the experience of familiarisation, of togetherness and of friendship between people and dogs and communicating the history of the St. Bernard from the Great St. Bernard Pass.
- We are facilitating contemporary and appropriate pursuits for the dogs through animal-aided activities, pedagogy and therapy. Thanks to interaction of this nature, we are making a positive contribution to the wellbeing, personal development and quality of life of young people, persons with disabilities and elderly persons.
Do you have an issue of particular interest that you wish to discuss, or would you like to support us in a particular way or through a particular project? We would be delighted to discuss with you in person what you have in mind, and to agree modalities such as the nature and frequency of the feedback you receive, publicity on our website and special mentions in our annual report. Alternatively, you might prefer to keep your support anonymous, which is also fine with us.
We look forward to achieving our objectives in collaboration with you. We guarantee that your donations will be spent wisely in line with your wishes.
Donations Officer Institutional Fundraising
Telephone: +41 (0)33 221 48 62